MHB/MHP PLANAR INDUCTORS
& ECT/ECC CONTROL SYSTEMS
The system is composed by a heating planar inductor MHB/MHP and an electronic command system ECT/ECC which integrates the control logic and the EPG power generator.
The planar inductors are covered with a high temperature resistant materials, and a flat coil is installed inside protected by a semi-rigid or rigid shell, in order to pre-heat the mold up to 350°C.
The standard dimensions of planar inductors are from 400 mm up to 800 mm diameter, other dimensions are available on request.
The electronic command system is a plug & play device, it only needs the connection to the planar inductor. It does not require any specific knowledge from the user, as it automatically recognizes the connected planar inductor.
Just select a planar inductor with a size coherent with the dimension of the mold and connect it to the control system.
The most common molds preheating methods require continuous supervision of specialised personnel, in addition to having several safety disadvantages:
- Induction furnaces require the handling of heavy & hot molds from the furnaces to the presses, with the associated safety hazards. Besides, induction furnaces are bulky and very expensive.
- Open flame burners present enormous dangers related to the use of combustible gases in indoor environments.
The solution proposed by Atos Induction overcomes all these disadvantages by applying a safe heating method which uses planar inductors.
Simply place the planar inductor in contact with the surface of the mold and start heating it.
Planar inductors are available in two versions to heat a half-shell at time or two halves of the mold simultaneously.
Main advantages over traditional systems:
- Reduced heating time, thanks to induction high efficiency and direct heat transmission
- Automatic timed or thermoregulated control of heating processes, without the need of an operator supervision
- Easy to use, just place the planar inductor in contact with the mold
- Maximum safety during heating operations, eliminating the use of combustible gases and open flames